Saturday, November 7, 2009

The journey begins...

And the journey beings. I recently discovered a wondeful blog (chooseingraw.com) that opened my eyes to the simplicity of living raw in the real world. I am currently not a vegetarian, and for the time being do not plan on saying goodbye to meat (give me a med-rare steak and a plate of chesses any day) but I will be living as raw as I can, to the benefit of my body, mind and soul.

I am also losing that excess weight that comes with a lifestyle of chowing down on processed junk and excessive consumption. So far, I have shed 15kgs since April this year, looking to continue, however I am focusing on living raw, as apposed to counting calories as I have been.

Well, thats the reason I started the blog, to have a place to write about how exactly you work raw living into living in the real world. Things dont always go as planned, people dont always understand and sometimes you just have to compromise.

About me...I live in beautiful Brisbane city. I love my life, it has its ups, downs and rollarcoaster days, but I love the twists and turns life is providing to me. I am single, and I love it. It took some time to get used to after the end of my last long term relationship, but now I know, that I am enough. Its something that young and old girls alike should come to know - you are enough, no one else will complete you. I work in admin and it is as boring as all hell. Left a job I loved 9 months ago, as I could not work in the toxic office environment. I dont regret that decision, but I miss the role, so, so much. I live with my best friend (of almost 11 years) and would not have it any other way. My other besties has jet setted off to a far away land to work and is happier than I have ever known him to be. I miss him like crazy, but knowing how at peace he is with himself stops those selfish urges to call him and tell him to get his ass back to aus :D

So, I am just blabbing, will take some time to get used to this blogging... :)
I am on about day 3 of raw eating. I am aiming to eat raw until dinner time currently (baby steps). Went well wed-fri. However friday night, for some unkown reason I decided to make Nachos (which I dont like at the best of times) so suffice to say, they left me feeling so incredibly bloated and sleepy! I have started running again also, and have had so much energy in the mornings I actually wake up BEFORE my alarm goes off! This has been happening since I have added more raw foods into my diet and exercise. So, boy did I feel it when I ate those bloody nacho's!!! Note to self: keep away from the processed foods...far away my dear!

Went out to breakfast this morning and there was very little raw options, well, none. So, I ordered an omlette minus the cheese with added mushrooms and spanish onions. Could not get through even half. I could feel the fat used for cooking on my lips and the cooked foods just did not site right in my stomach. I still cant beleive how well my body has taken to the raw foods and how much I already notice the difference when I dont eat raw foods, or at the very least a completly unprocessed meal.

Well....thats me for now. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my ramble, I promise it wont be so choppy next blog!

Have a fantastic weekend...

Peace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment